Toyo Tire Canada Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
If you choose to post information on a public area of our website, those posts may be seen by others, and we cannot control the actions of other website users. You should always be careful about what you post.
This policy applies to your use of our Website regardless of how you access our Website and regardless of whether you register.
This policy also applies to personal information we collect:
- In e-mail, text, telephone and other electronic messages and/or communications between you and Company.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy, or to the Website.
- To other information that you choose to provide to Company, including if you enter a promotion we offer, make a purchase from us (where available), or otherwise provide us with information. If you provided us with the information of another person, you must have that person’s consent to do so.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- any other website operated by any third party (including our parent, affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our parent, affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
2. Children Under the Age of 14
Our Website is not intended for children under 14 years of age. No one under age 14 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 14. If you are under 14, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any personal information to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 14 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 14, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number;
- that is about you but individually does not directly identify you, such as Device and advertising identifiers and information collected through cookies or other tracking technologies or identifiers; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
3.1 Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information you provide if you register one of our products for warranty or recall purposes, profile information, if you respond to a rebate or other promotion we offer, if you post material or upload content, submit applications to work with us, or request further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Registration or correspondence requesting to receive information, offers, marketing, alerts or requesting more information.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- If you make a purchase from us (where we choose to make such sale directly), we collect information needed to process the purchase, including shipping and payment information, and the details of transactions you carry out through our Website, or by telephone or other means, and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order. In most cases however, purchases of our products are through third party retailers.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Any other situation where you provide personal information.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions, or who may view your User Contributions after you post them on a public area of the Website. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
3.2 Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, general location data derived from IP address, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com, but we are not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this third-party information.
We may maintain the information we collect automatically or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. We use it to help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Research our users and develop new features and enhancements that will provide a better Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information on disabling Flash cookies, go to Adobe’s website http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-third-party-local-shared..... Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of the Website may not work.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).We may use third-party services, such as those of Google Analytics, to better understand how you are using our Website. For example, we use these services to understand how many people visit our Website, what pages are visited most often, how long you stay on our Website and if any issues are encountered, such as an error message. We then use this information to help us improve the way our Website works as well as our content. You can opt-out of the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may adjust your user preferences in your account profile or you may also use the ‘unsubscribe’ tool in our commercial emails.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To verify your identity.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- To perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also combine and use your information collected from one portion of the Website on other portions of the Website or elsewhere in our network of websites, apps, and other interactive features, or in reports and analysis, and we may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Website into a single customer record or analysis or report. We also use and/or combine information that we collect off-line or we collect or receive from third party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your information.
Subject to applicable data protection laws, we may process personal information to produce aggregated, anonymized data, which does not identify you or anyone else. We may use and disclose this information for analytical purposes or any other purpose permitted by applicable law.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
Subject to applicable data protection laws, we may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Toyo Tire Canada Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Toyo Tire Canada Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Toyo Tire Canada Inc., our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information